Potassium Chloride Solution, 0.075M
Product Code: HM-TCL040
Molecular Formula: KCl
Molecular Weight: 74.55
Potassium chloride (KCl), historically called as Muriate of Potash is a salt made up of potassium and chlorine. Potassium chloride solution is a hypotonic solution widely used for cytogenetics. It aids in the spread of metaphase chromosomes by causing enlargement of the cells, allowing in their better analysis.
TCL040 is sterile filtered 0.075M potassium chloride solution.
- Appearance: Colorless, clear solution.
- pH: 5.00 -6.00
- Sterility: No bacterial or fungal growth is observed after 14 days of incubation, as per USP specification.
- Endotoxin Content: NMT 5EU/ml
- Store at 15 - 30°C away from bright light.
- Shelf life is 24 months.
- Use before expiry date given on the product label.