- LoSeraTM RPMI-1640 w/ Sodium bicarbonate w/o L-Glutamine (Liquid requiring reduced serum supplementation)
LoSeraTM RPMI-1640 w/ Sodium bicarbonate w/o L-Glutamine (Liquid requiring reduced serum supplementation)
With Sodium bicarbonate
1X Liquid cell Culture Medium requiring reduced serum supplementation
Product Code: HM-RSL011
LoSera™ media are based on the classical formulations supplemented with insulin, transferrin and other advanced nutrients. The additional nutrients help in reducing the percentage of serum required to grow most of the common cell lines. The percentage of serum reduction may vary with type of cell line used. For nonfastidious cell lines serum can be reduced from 10% to as low as 1%. For fastidious cell lines serum usage can be reduced from 10% to 2.5%. LoSera™ medium can be used without prior adaptation and sub cultured using normal procedures. Reduced serum supplementation improves the reproducibility of experimental results by decreasing the variability caused due to undefined serum constituents. It also facilitates down regulation process in bioassays and in purification process of culture products.
RSL011 is LoSera™ RPMI-1640 with sodium bicarbonate and L-alanyl-L-glutamine. Users are advised to review the literature for recommendations regarding medium supplementation and physiological growth requirements specific for different cell lines.
|Calcium nitrate tetrahydrate||100.000||Choline chloride||3.000|
|Magnesium sulphate anhydrous||48.840||D-Biotin||0.200|
|Sodium bicarbonate||2000.000||Folic acid||1.000|
|Sodium dihydrogen phosphate anhydrous||800.000||Pyridoxine hydrochloride||1.000|
|L-Asparagine anhydrous||50.000||p-Amino benzoic acid (PABA)||1.000|
|L-Glutamic acid||20.000||Glutathione reduced||1.000|
|L-Histidine hydrochloride||20.960||Growth Supplement mix||Proprietary|
|L-Hydroxyproline||20.000||Phenol red sodium salt||5.300|
|L-Tyrosine disodium salt||28.830|
- Add 20ml of 200mM L-glutamine (TCL012) or HiGlutaXL™ supplement (TCL030) for 1 litre of medium.
Recommendations for use with LoSera™ Media:
- LoSera™ media have been optimized at 2.5% serum concentration for a broad range of cell culture applications. Recommended concentrations of serum using LoSera™ media ranges from 1-5%. However the concentration of serum used may need to be adjusted for specific cell types or applications to achieve optimal results. Titration of FBS concentration is recommended to determine maximum serum reduction.
- LoSera™ media are provided as 1X solutions and need to be supplemented with 4mM Glutamine and required amount of reduced serum.
- In case of antibiotics being used to control contamination, it is recommended to reduce the amount of antibiotics in proportion to the amount of serum reduced.
Material required but not provided:
- L-Glutamine solution 200mM (TCL012)
- HiGlutaXL™ Supplement (TCL030)
- Fetal Bovine Serum (RM1112/RM10432)
- Appearance: Orangish red colored, clear solution.
- pH: 7.00 - 7.60
- Osmolality in mOsm/Kg H2O: 290.00 - 330.00
- Sterility: No bacterial or fungal growth is observed after 14 days of incubation, as per USP specification.
- Cultural Response: The growth promotion capacity of the medium is assessed qualitatively by analyzing the cells for the morphology and quantitatively by estimating the cell counts and comparing it with a control medium through minimum three subcultures.
- Endotoxin Content: NMT 5EU/ml
Storage and shelf life:
- Store at 2-8°C away from bright light.
- Shelf life is 12 months.
- Use before expiry date given on the product label.