- HiGlutaXLTM Minimum Essential Medium Eagle w/ L-Alanyl-L-Glutamine, Hank’s salts and Sodium bicarbonate (Liquid)
HiGlutaXLTM Minimum Essential Medium Eagle w/ L-Alanyl-L-Glutamine, Hank’s salts and Sodium bicarbonate (Liquid)
*SHIPPING LEAD TIME 4-6 WEEKS
HiGlutaXL™ Minimum Essential Medium Eagle
With Hank's salts, L-Alanyl-L-Glutamine and Sodium bicarbonate
1X Liquid Cell Culture Medium
Product Code: HM-AL056G
HiGlutaXL™ medium contains the stabilised dipeptide form of L-glutamine, L-alanyl-L-glutamine. HiGlutaXL™ medium offers several advantages over the conventional glutamine containing media. Dipeptide form prevents the intramolecular cyclization reaction, thus preventing toxic build-up of ammonia. L-alanyl-Lglutamine incorporates L-alanine that protects the alpha amino acid group. Aminopeptidases within the cell break the dipeptide, gradually releasing both L-glutamine and L-alanine for use by the cell. The gradual release of Lglutamine obviates the need to supplement L-glutamine frequently and allows liquid media to be stored at 4°C for longer periods.
AL056G is HiGlutaXL™ Minimum Essential Medium with L-alanyl-L-glutamine, Hank's balanced salts and sodium bicarbonate. Hank's salt mixture is designed to equilibrate with air, hence does not require CO2 air mixture. Cells can therefore be grown in AL056G in less CO2 or CO2 free environment. Users are advised to review the literature for recommendations regarding medium supplementation and physiological growth requirements specific for different cell lines.
|Calcium chloride dihydrate||185.410||Choline chloride||1.000|
|Magnesium sulphate anhydrous||97.720||D-Ca-Pantothenate||1.000|
|Potassium chloride||400.000||Folic acid||1.000|
|Potassium phosphate monobasic||60.000||Nicotinamide||1.000|
|Sodium bicarbonate||350.000||Pyridoxal hydrochloride||1.000|
|Sodium phosphate dibasic anhydrous||47.800||Thiamine hydrochloride||1.000|
|L-Cystine dihydrochloride||31.300||Phenol red sodium salt||11.000|
|L-Tyrosine disodium salt||51.900|
- Appearance: Red colored, clear solution.
- pH:7.00 -7.60
- Osmolality in mOsm/Kg H2O: 290.00 -330.00
- Sterility: No bacterial or fungal growth is observed after 14 days of incubation, as per USP specification.
- Cultural Response: The growth promotion capacity of the medium is assessed qualitatively by analyzing the cells for the morphology and quantitatively by estimating the cell counts and comparing it with a control medium through minimum three subcultures.
- Endotoxin Content: NMT 5EU/ml
Storage and shelf life:
- Store at 2-8°C away from bright light.
- Shelf life is 18 months.
- Use before expiry date given on the product label.